Monday, April 7, 2008

Vinland Sagas

I'm not going to put much up here becacuse I have a lot to say in class tomorrow and a lot of work to do on my presentation still, but I will say that I enjoyed reading these for once. I don't konw if it was because the stories were at least a bit familiar (I feel like we at least heard about Leif Eiriksson every Columbus day in grade school), or because the characters were FINALLY approaching lands I recognized. My favorite part about these stories is that there is historical evidence to back up parts of them, so I can wonder less about whether or not any of it really happened. Also, the comparison of the two tomorrow should be intriuging, because there are some significant differences...and not just in who spotted what first. Hope you all liked the reading as much as I did!

No comments: